Tuesday 29 March 2011

Littlejohn besmirches the umbrella industry

I won't link to it as I don't want to give the fuckwit any page hits but Richard Littlejohn has written something today in the Daily Mail that puts me in a very difficult position, and makes me feel a little bit grubby. In a space filling bit about how weather forecasts for a barbecue scorcher of a summer are always wrong (this follows some absolutely genius shitewaffle about Norman Tebbitt being the best PM this country never had - in much the same way presumably that Littlejohn is the best Nobel Prize winning writer we never had) he oh so amusingly comments that we should "expect a small tsunami. Better start stocking up on umbrellas, dinghies and galoshes, just in case." Aside from the ill-judged use of the word tsunami (he must have been taking advice from Toby Young who predicted a tsunami of violence ahead of the TUC march) I feel that if he is advocating umbrella usage I am compromised. It's like Adolf Hitler supporting the Vegetarian Society. If the umbrella industry has a boom period because of this I won't be able to claim any credit for it without seeming to ally myself to him. I may have to resign over this. As long as I don't have to give the knighthood back.

No comments:

Post a Comment