Saturday 12 June 2010

I am not calling him Sir Hubert, I can tell you that for nowt

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
One sodding meeting of the honours committee I missed as I was busy lunching, and what do they do? Slip in a crafty knighthood for Hubert Carrington. He is never going to let me hear the end of this. The one saving grace is that he got it for services to the brolly sector, NOT his preferred term, gampal society. And any honours list that rewards Catherine Zeta Jones for services to living and working abroad or whatever she got OBE for cannot be taken seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Right Rev Bob Tosh15 June 2010 at 09:57

    My dear Dame Robin

    Now, come come. to err is human and to forgive Divine, as Dear old Jo Stalin used to say. I am sure that Sir Hubert will not wave his gong at you in a provocative manner while going "ner ner ne ner ner." That would be childish.

    and as for the saintly ms Zeta Jones, her well deserved accolade was for "Servicing the Elderly".

    So Well Done Her.

    I shall pray for you, my child.

    Right Rev Bob Tosh
    Legion D'Honneur
    Knight of St Hubbins

    ReplyDelete