Wednesday 8 September 2010

Boris Spokes

My old schoolfriend, Sir Fruity Metcalfe, has very kindly drawn my attention to an act of insubordination by my deputy Dr Hector Rule (39). In a comment to my last post Fruity reveals that Hector has been pretending to be Peter Kyle (which is what my spoofer Stephen Bubb calls him), a charity boss and giving his views on Boris Johnson's latest daft idea - the Boris Spoke scheme whereby people can pick up umbrellas on a rainy day in London and use them before leaving them at drop off point when the rain ceases.

A charity boss? Does Hector think this is funny? It is disrespectful. And simply wouldn't have happened if he had been educated at Oxford. For a punishment I shall be taking Hector out to dinner at Steven Gerrard's.

And as for Fruity, that is what real friend is like. I hope Tony Blair is taking note.

1 comment:

  1. Sir Fruity Metcalfe8 September 2010 at 20:13

    Any time old boy...quite right about young Hector(39). Clearly he learned little during those three years at Rochdale Poly. A spell on the naughty step I think.

    By the way, is Hector a Doctor in the same sense that Ian Paisley was a Reverend?

    Pip pip

    Fruity

    ReplyDelete