Thursday 28 January 2010

Letter from the Chancellor

At last - I've had a response to my begging letter to the Chancellor. It is quite positive, in that it says piss off politely. Some extracts:

Dear Robin

Before I begin I must point out that I have heard every variation of jokes about my surname - it's like living in Blackadder Goes Forth sometimes - so I will not be signing this "Fond regards, Darling" or anything similar, just to get a cheap laugh.

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply but I have been busy sending out my thank you letters for Christmas presents. I welcome the arguments you outline about the umbrella sector saving the economy. I also found the 453 examples of evidence of people being saved a soaking by using a brolly compelling. If you could just gather up a further 14,536,456,789 similar samples then that should keep you quiet until the other lot are elected and have to worry about "solving society's ills" and all that nonsense.

Yours sincerely

Alistair

No comments:

Post a Comment