Sunday 21 June 2009

Nice try Hubert

Got back from Ireland to find a parcel waiting or me. And lo and behold, it was an umbrella from my old china, Hubert Carrington, chief executive of the National Canopy and Visor Organisation (NCVO). NCVO is celebrating somehow limping through 90 years of second rate advocacy and policy work (in my opinion) and has produced some commemorative brollies.

It's quite a natty gamp and I immediately took it for a spin round the park. Then I realised that I was inadvertently promoting NCVO so quickly went home and have stuck it away in the shed to be forgotten about. Nice try Hubert but I ain't bigging your lot up in my spare time, mate.

Before I put it away I did have a picture taken of me holding it, which you can see by clicking here. A number of blog readers have been asking what I look like, as despite my high profile, apparently I remain a somewhat elusive and shadowy figure for all those not in the inner circle of the umbrella world. This pic should help sort that one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment