Wednesday 17 February 2010

A book launch

I went to a book launch the other night - for my sister Robina. I think it's her 14th. She writes on nepotism. Fascinating. Obviously I don't read them. Life's too short. But they are good.

Let me just run that past you again. I haven't read them. But am still willing to give them a plug. Such sibling-rolling was I believe central to the ideas espoused in her 7th book.

It was a jolly affair even though the wine was filth. Lots of talented Boggs were present. My nephew, Jamie, had some exciting news about winning £4 on a pub quiz machine. He is off to Brownose College (Oxford, naturally) in October to pursue a career in prison management and end up as Governor of Wormwood Scrubs, thus being able to keep his elderly Uncle in the style to which he has become accustomed - in a prison run by the umbrella sector.

No comments:

Post a Comment